Thursday, February 12, 2009

Joaquin Phoenix on Letterman

Last night for some reason I flipped on the TV to check out one of the late night talk shows, you know like David Letterman and Jay Leno. Usually I watch Leno, but last night I thought I'd give good 'ol Letterman a try. To much of my surprise it was pretty damn good. Now I'm not doggin' on Letterman, I'm a fan of his show, and remember watching him quite a bit back in the day. His guest if you happen to not know was Joaquin Phoenix. I did hear that Mr. Phoenix was giving up on acting and was going the music route to be a hip-hop artist, which when you have a glimpse at him now you can really see the hip-hop look in him...NOT! Anyways, while being interviewed by David Letterman his body language was just comical and his answers were brief. This made for some awkward pauses and many silent moments. David Letterman didn't have much to work with, so he pretty much made fun of the moment and went with it. It was just one of those interviews that you had to see. Pretty funny in my opinion. I'm sure Joaquin was just showing off his acting abilities once again by being the guy he was last night. I sincerely hope that he snaps out of the music scene and gets back to being an actor. Just don't want him to give up on a gift like he has. I mean come on, who else could play Johnny Cash like he did? His performance on "Walk the Line" was unbelievable. Anyhoo, I know that this topic is all the buzz and that many people are writing about it, but I just thought I'd put in my two cents.

Thanks for reading, take care.

1 comment:

Sixty X Celph said...

I'll admit, I'm curious to see Joaquin Phoenix as an R&B musician, haha.