Saturday, May 22, 2010

A New Friday Night Tradition

So yesterday I started a new Friday night tradition that I hope to continue for a while. Its something that I've been wanting to do to give me more to look forward to other than the usual. What I'm doing now on Fridays is setting aside time to enjoy one of my favorite treats/meals, which is Pizza Rolls. I accompany that with a nice cold bottle of Coke. Now normally a Coke would not be such a big deal, but for me at this time it is, because I've dramatically cut my caffeine intake to almost nothing. With the Coke it is special as well because of its content, the type I'm drinking is made with real sugar and is produced in Mexico. It also comes in an old fashioned glass bottle, which you don't see often any more. Most typically though you may find them in your Mexican/authentic foods section at the store. Anyways not to make a big deal about the Coke I'll just conclude it is a great treat. While snacking on the pizza rolls and sipping on the Coke I have chosen a TV show that I used to watch on Fridays as a kid and one that I enjoyed thoroughly. And that is Quantem Leap. I'm starting with the first season and will work my way onward. May include other shows like, Simon & Simon, A-Team, MacGyver, or Night Court. All those shows I really enjoyed as a kid, I am a product of the 80s, so those shows were the best at that time. That was back when TV was good :) I could write a whole new post about how TV now sucks ass, but I will wait until later.

So yeah, that basically concludes the tradition that I hope to follow through with. Its just something to look forward to I guess. I may throw in some video game time as well, just like I did last night. I started with some old school gaming with the first Mario Bros. game, then went up to the next gen console to play some Uncharted.

Is there anything that you do special on Friday, weekends, that you do often? Just let me know.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: